Bobbi Pratte is an award winning landscape painter who is currently living in the Washington DC area. Her work can be found in many public and private collections.
In addition to oil painting, Bobbi works in the mediums of watercolor and printmaking.
Her paintings are moody in their realism, with a mosaic vibration of light. Often the figure or a suggestion of human presence is included. Her strong design background has led to her philosophy that good composition is the key to a successful painting.
An avid traveler, Bobbi has painted in many parts of the US and abroad including Italy, Greece and New Zealand. She has been inspired by the work of artists Winslow Homer, Edward Hopper and Rockwell Kent, who traveled extensively and started their careers in the world of illustration.
An honors graduate of Parsons School of Design in NYC, Bobbi was a freelance illustrator for many years before turning to the fine arts. Her clients included The Washington Post, The National Park Service, National Geographic, Pepsi, Microsoft, The Seattle Mariners, The National Wildlife Federation and the Smithsonian Institution among others. Her work is in the permanent collection of the Society of Illustrators in NYC.
A devoted educator she has worked for over 30 years at such institutions as The Corcoran School of Art, NVCC and Montgomery College. She has taught drawing, painting, design, color theory, painting and computer graphics. She currently teaches landscape painting at The Art League School located in the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria VA. She also conducts travel workshops.
Selected Recent Exhibitions and articles
- November 2012 - American Impressionist Society 13th Annual Competition and Show, Indianapolis IN.
- October 2012 - "Plein Air 757", Second Place winner, Norfolk VA.
- October 2012 - "Richardson 75" International Small Works Show, Madison WI.
- August 2012 - "Scapes" landscape competiton and show, "Honorable Mention", Alexandria VA.
- April 2012- "Featured Artist" "Virginia Historic Garden Show". Virginia Beach, VA.
- October 2011 - "Out and About Norfolk, Plein Air", "Juror's Award".
- May 2011 – LBWC “Studio Tour “ fundraiser
- April 2010 - "Virginia Historic Garden Show", "The Painted Garden", Beach Gallery, Virginia Beach, Va.
- January 2010 – MAPAPA (Mid Atlantic Plein Air Painters Association) exhibit in Annapolis MD.
- November 2009 –“Art at the Lake House”
- November 2008 - "Old Friends, New Work", 2 person show, Liberty Arts Workshop, Fredericksburg, Va.
- April 2008 - Solo Show, Metropolitan Gallery, Arlington, Va.
- December 2007 - "Small Works", Metropolitan Gallery, Arlington, Va.
- August 2007 - International Landscape Show – Honorable Mention
- November 2006 – article in Elan Magazine
- May 2006 - Solo Show "Lotus", The Art League Gallery
- December 2005 - Metropolitan Gallery, Holiday Show
- November 2005 - Small Works Show, Art League Gallery
- October 2005 - Montgomery College Fine Arts Faculty Show
- October 2005 - "Urban Life" Art League Gallery
- August 2005 - International Landscape Show - Best of Show
- May 2005 - "Quality of Light Show", Art League Gallery
All images copyright by Bobbi Pratte ©2013. Phone: 703-998-9292